Farmer Lill’s FAMOUS PUMPKIN PIE
Preparing Fresh Pumpkin:
– One large Pie Pumpkin will make one 9″ Pumpkin Pie.
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– Wash Pie Pumpkin, cut in half, and scoop out seeds and strings.
– Place halves face down in a large baking dish, and add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the dish
– Bake on centre rack of oven uncovered for 1 hour, or until flesh is soft and skin starts to separate from the flesh of the pumpkin
– Remove pumpkin from baking dish. Let pumpkin cool entirely.
– Scoop out flesh from the shell and place in a large mixing bowl.
– Mash with a potato masher, and to create a smooth texture use a Stick Hand Mixer to remove any lumps.
– Makes 3 – 4 cups of Pure Pumpkin Puree
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9″ pie plate with a single, unbaked crust, home made or store bought, it doesn’t matter.
In a mixing bowl combine:
3 cups of prepared Pumpkin Puree
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon each – nutmeg & ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3/4 cup heavy cream (35%)
Pour into unbaked pie shell. Place on centre rack of preheated oven. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until centre is firm-soft but not jiggly. Let cool completely before serving. Refrigerate uneaten pie for up to 5 days.